The ‘Little’ Things That Count and Pay (1)



On 15th September 2020, I was privileged to meet a famous Nigerian-born international interior architect at his multi-million naira office edifice in Abuja, Nigeria on his invitation to discuss a Brand Management project for his two brands. Towards the end of the 46 minutes meeting, he told me about his proposed special birthday party on 27th Sept. 2020 at his new white mansion in Abuja, which is strictly by invitation and for few people due to Covid-19 protocol compliance.


Surprisingly, I told him I am also September-born and had also fixed a birthday party on same 27th Sept. 2020. But as a smart Brand Strategist who understands relationship and marketing rudiments, I rescheduled mine to 26th Sept so as to attend his on 27th Sept, few days later, I got my official invitation to the high-class party. The warm handshake and the smile on his face when I congratulated him, alongside the first-class reception affirmed his joy to see me at the birthday party, perhaps, knowing what it cost me to be there.


This reminds me of a story Mr Femi Joshua shared at his sales training on how he sealed a major relationship and business deal through his presence at the social event of a toxic prospect who hadn’t given him due attention prior to the party.


One of the ways to penetrate your prospects/clients’ minds and create a lasting positive impression is to cherish what they cherish- their events, families, social lives, interests, etc. This is the main idea behind the ‘Brand-Client Unofficial Relationship Form’ we developed for BIC and the clients we consult for, it helps us understand their general social lives so as to relate with it, it counts and pays.


Clement Oladepo is an innovative Brand Strategist to individuals and companies in different industries, and the CEO of Beau Ideal Communications, Abuja, Nigeria. #LittleThingsThatCount #BrandStrategist #BrandManagementTips #SalesTips #Abuja #ClementOladepo

©️Clement Oladepo 2020 

Comments

Popular Posts