The ‘Little’ Things That Count and Pay (2)

 



On the 21st of September 2020, I had the privilege to meet a Rear Admiral in the Nigerian Army and a former Commandant of the National Defence College, Abuja. He is also the Chairman of a brand we consult for. As the Lead Strategist, I was invited to give him a detailed report of our two-months old consultation for the brand and to also meet with me physically after two months of our virtual dealings.


After few minutes of waiting for him at the ground floor sitting room of his residence, he came down to join me, as I saw him approached, I prostrated to greet him, but he politely asked me to stand up and have my seat.

From his reactions, he was surprised to see such unusual gesture from someone who was logically meant to be official with him, though the action might truly be unofficial but was imperative to do for many reasons.


This simple gesture of mine automatically activated a bond between us and initiated smooth intimacy for the 65 minutes meeting. We practically interacted like ‘father-son’ rather than ‘client-brand’ if I had acted official, it was as if we have known each other for long, to the extent that he couldn’t frown much at my lateness for the meeting. That bond also led us to other discussions outside business.


One of the things I realised lately, is that, most of the things that create good impression about us or form positive brand image or brand personality about our brand are simple, and virtually cost us nothing. I have often been known by folks as an official person, but few people are aware of my unofficial gestures.


As individuals and brands, aside being professional, value-driven, truthful, etc, we also need cordial unofficial relationship with people, respect and flawless character in order to create positive impression that births success in business.


Clement Oladepo is an innovative Brand Strategist to individuals and companies in different industries, and the CEO of Beau Ideal Communications, Abuja, Nigeria. #LittleThingsThatCount #BrandStrategist #BrandManagementTips #BrandImage #Abuja #ClementOladepo

©️Clement Oladepo 2020


Comments

Popular Posts